This is the fourth year Team WALSH has participated in the Susan G. Komen Puget Sound Race for the Cure and WALSH was the number one team fundraiser under the Company/Corporate division!! Thanks to the generous donations of friends, families, employees, suppliers and subcontractors, we raised a total of $6,175, blowing away the total we raised last year of $4,080. Represented by a team of 15 WALSH employees, family and friends, we walked in support of survivors and in memory… of those we lost to breast cancer. This year we had two survivors on our team and three teammates in the top 100 fundraisers!
Susan G. Komen Puget Sound’s Race for the Cure is the single largest fundraising opportunity. A total of 75% of net funds raised are invested in community grants to provide underserved women with breast cancer early detection screenings, patient navigation and financial support for basic needs while undergoing treatment. The remaining 25% goes directly to fund research to better diagnose, treat and ultimately cure breast cancer.
Thank you to the Team WALSH members for their dedication to community and to everyone who generously donated.